The Many Advantages of Installing Tankless Water Heaters
March 11, 2015
The Tankless Water Heater is an on demand hot water system with no water storage tank. When a hot water appliance, faucet or fixture is turned on, the tankless system senses flow and a spark igniter activates the gas burner. As cold water enters the system, the heat exchanger rapidly raises the temperature of the flow to the designated set point before the water proceeds to its destination. However long the fixture or appliance operates, the tankless unit will meet the demand for water at the set temperature to provide endless hot water.
The trend toward recreating bathrooms as luxurious personal retreats or miniature spas has added to the need of tankless water heaters. As the spa and bathroom continue to merge with the growing popularity of features like multi-directional showerheads and large Jacuzzi tubs, there will be a larger demand for more hot water. Homeowners expect better-performing appliances that keep up with this demand, yet at the same time are more efficient and reduce energy costs. Tankless water heaters are able to provide that, and more and more people are turning to them when it comes time to replace their current hot water heater.
Overall, there are five very important distinct advantages of tankless water heaters:
- High Return on Investment (ROI): Tankless water heaters do have a higher upfront cost but also have great long-term benefits and cost savings. They also last longer and pay for themselves over the span of a few years.
- Unlimited water supply: Tankless water heaters provide a virtually endless supply of hot water. The unit creates hot water according to demand. Also the unit is very compact and only consumes energy when you have water going through it.
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters can lower household energy bills by up to 40 percent.
- Space-saving size: Tankless water heaters take up less space, have less need of repair and last a lot longer than conventional water heaters. With a tankless water heater, you're not challenged by having to put a large tank or storage vessel in your garage or basement.
- Green Building: Tankless water heaters may be an important aspect of the increasingly popular trend toward sustainable "green building" practices.
Though the technology is not new, more homeowners are starting to discover that tankless water heaters are a way to save water, save energy, and save money. When home owners find themselves waiting for hot water, or when they wish to improve the operational efficiency of their home's hot water systems, tankless systems make great sense.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact the Tap Roots Plumbing team. Call us now at 604-222-1282.
Signs of a Gas Leak on Your Property
Every property owner who has natural gas needs to know how to spot a gas leak quickly to prevent a potentially life-threatening emergency. The problem with natural gas is that it can be very difficult to detect a gas leak before it becomes dangerous. Some people can smell it right away while others hardly notice … Continue reading Signs of a Gas Leak on Your Property
Using Natural Gas for Your Business’ Heating Needs
A Benefits of Natural Gas for Commercial Heating With natural gas, there is no risk of running out of fuel for heating. The reliable and consistent supply of natural gas is not dependent on the weather or a power company for delivery. The instant heat means no waiting for a system to start up and … Continue reading Using Natural Gas for Your Business’ Heating Needs
Simple Kitchen Remodeling Ideas for a Tight Budget
It’s easy to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so it’s important to make sure it looks nice. Unfortunately, a full kitchen remodel can be expensive and time consuming if you make plans to do it yourself. Getting new appliances or redoing cabinetry gets very pricey very quickly. At Tap-Roots Plumbing & Heating, … Continue reading Simple Kitchen Remodeling Ideas for a Tight Budget