Reports to: Project Supervisor
We are looking for high organized and detail oriented Estimator is to join our new construction team! This position estimates the material and labour for high-ride buildings and multi-family home. It is a great opportunity for someone who is in a junior estimator role and wants to take the next step in their career with a stable, growing company!
The main challenge is to prioritize tasks on hand and ensure that estimates are done in a timely manner, with the upmost attention to detail and accuracy. This role is also responsible for collaborating with site developers and contractors on blue prints and proposals. This position can grow into a Project Manager type role.
Here is who you are...
Drive & Motivation
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have a proven ability to meet deadlines and efficiently prioritize
- You thrive in a problem-solving environment and are willing to take initiative
Character & Abilities
- You have strong interpersonal and organization skills
- You are known for your positive attitude and team-work attributes
- You value transparent communication and teamwork
Skills & Experience
- You are a Red Seal Journeyman
- You have at least 3 years of experience in new construction estimating
- You have experience working along side developers and contractors
- You have a Class 5 Driver’s License
Nice to Have
- You have a Gas Fitter – Class B ticket
- Cross Connection certification
- Any first aid training or certification
Things you will do...
- Identify labour, material and time requirements of new construction jobs by carefully reviewing proposals, blueprints, specifications, and all related documents
- Picking up hard copy drawings as needed, ensuring that all drawings are signed off on and given to the appropriate people (i.e developers, city)
- Collaborates with developers and Project Manager on changes needed to drawings
- Communicates with the Admin team on final costs, billing requirements and pulling or obtaining permits
- Visit constriction sites from time to time, checking on progress, reviewing plans with Foreman and answering questions on plans
- Prioritize safety and lead by example with the guidelines as established by Tap Roots
- Support duties and tasks as assigned by the Project Manager