Reports to: Site Foreman
We are looking for hard working plumbers to join our growing team! We are hiring all levels of experience – including no experience/schooling. Our position works in a new construction plumbing environment, both high-rise and wood frame. We have lots of room for growth and development, this is a great long-term position for someone starting their career!
The main challenge is to prioritize tasks on hand and ensure that the job is done on schedule and with the upmost quality in mind. Tap Roots will support this role in growing into a Journeyman Plumber role – it’s all up to you and how you own your development!
Here is who you are...
- You have the drive to learn and grow in a plumbing environment
- You have the ability to perform repetitive work
- You have a valid BC Drivers License
- You are comfortable with heights and working on ladders
- You have the ability to work with others and independently on tasks as assigned
Things you will do...
- Measuring and installing pipes, fixtures and other plumbing equipment used for water distribution and waste water disposal
- Move equipment of 50+ pounds and materials to different areas of the site as assigned by the Foreman
- Measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using hand and power tools, joining pipe couplings, claims, screws and bolts. This includes working on ladders for long periods of time, while reaching and lifting overhead
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls
- Effectively communicates with Foreman and other team members, working with a positive and driven attitude
- Ensure work area is kept clean and personal tools are kept safe at all times
- Follow safety procedures and policies as established by Tap Roots and the assigned site